It is not Fridays we should fear, but Mondays – especially Mondays after a long weekend. But since tomorrow is a school day, here’s a cup of wake up and get out of bed links!
1) Jeff at Wicked Decent Learning has a whole host of links at his site to copyright friendly audio and video resources.
2) Black Star Rising has a new e-book/slideshow on Photojournalism ethics. Worth watching, downloading and sharing with your students.
3) The KRG Blog put up an interesting list of “Guidelines for Journalists” – My favorite is “Do nothing I can’t defend.” Kind of like first do no harm.
4) The Pulitzer Center and YouTube, now there’s a phrase I never thought I’d hear, but there you go – they have a partnership called Project Report for non-pro journalists. Some really good videos here. Check out the final round.
5) Here’s a sad Google Map mashup called Papercuts. As the name implies it is a visual listing of all the newspaper job cuts in the U.S. during 2008. Most seem to be east and west coast. The center of the country has fewer cuts. Maybe because smaller towns away from the coastal cities have more responsive small town newspapers that still cover what the public wants to know?
7) And this list is brought to you by the letter Z and the number 8. Just kidding, but it is brought to you by the Idea Shower and their Firefox plugin Read It Later. I used it to save these ideas for this blog and keep them in one place. So cool.
Only three weeks until Christmas Break. Let’s hope my yearbook kids get some pages turned in soon! Ah, yearbook stress. Gotta love it.